Known as the largest emirate in the UAE, Abu Dhabi is a place that offers a spectacular mix of traditional values and modern adaptations. This city is full of amazing things to explore such as Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Ferrari World, Observation Deck, Warner Bros. World, and YAS Island to name a few. Referred to as a shopper’s paradise, Abu Dhabi has a lot of luxurious malls and immense other options to shop. Moreover, the mix of both historic and modern architecture of the city makes this city a must-visit destination. There are things to do, see, and not miss in this emirate. Keep on reading to know the details.
Things to Do in Abu Dhabi
This emirate does not involve only sightseeing; there are various other things to do for the holidaymakers. Thrill seekers have a lot of options such as:
- Sandboarding: Sandboarding is a fun activity and one should definitely give it a try when in Abu Dhabi. Sandboarding is just like skiing but on the sand. Sounds fun? Yes, you can enjoy this thrilling activity in the Liwa Oasis, known as sand skier’s paradise.
- Dune Bashing: To pump up your adrenaline rush, try dune bashing in Abu Dhabi. Experience this adventurous activity outside the Liwa oasis in Al Dhafra.
- Desert Quad Biking: Ride a four-wheeled ATV and drive as fast as you want in the desert. You can find quad biking activity in places with a lot of sand dunes in Abu Dhabi.
- Whitewater Rafting: Rafting in Abu Dhabi might sound strange but it is not. You can do this thrilling activity in Wadi Adventure in Al Ain, a man-made whitewater rafting place.
- Desert Safari: Enjoy desert safari in Liwa Oasis and experience a different world altogether. Whether you choose morning safari or evening, both will delight you to the core. Evening safari with BBQ dinner is the most recommended one.
- Racing: Abu Dhabi is exclaimed for Formula 1 racetrack. You can choose the most thrilling adventure by hitting the Formula 1 racetrack and feel like a champion. The track is located in Yas Marina Circuit.
- Kitesurfing: Those who are fond of riding the surfboards can choose this thrilling activity in Abu Dhabi. A wind-catching parachute-like device is attached to the boards and then just surf over the water surface. You can enjoy this amazing sport at Al Dabayyah and Yas Island.
Things to See in Abu Dhabi
Exploring Abu Dhabi is a unique experience in itself. There are diverse astonishing tourist’s attractions that one should definitely visit. Some of the major attractions of Abu Dhabi are:
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: Being one of the largest mosques, people from different parts of the world came to visit it throughout the year. The massive and intricate architecture of the mosque is the most appealing thing to see. The mosque features 82 domes, world’s largest hand-knotted carpet, and 24-carat-gold gilded chandeliers.
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: To get the most thrilling experience, hop on the amazing rollercoaster rides of Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi. Enjoy the fastest speed and heart-racing heights inside the Formula Rossa.
- Warner Bros.: This is the world’s biggest indoor theme parks that is fully air-conditioned and has 29 thrilling roller coaster rides. It showcases the legendary characters of the Warner Brothers like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, and others. Moreover, there are diverse other attractions inside this amazing theme park.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi: One of the most spectacular museums of the Middle East, Louvre displays the entire history right from the Neolithic age to the current. The contemporary architecture of the museum is another important factor that makes it worth visiting.
- Observation Deck at 300: This observation deck offers an amazing skyline view of the entire city. It is located on the 74th floor of the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers hotel. Here you can enjoy the view while having food and drinks.
Things You Should Not Miss
There are numerous things that should not be missed while exploring Abu Dhabi. Some of the things are discussed here:
- Food & Drinks: Foodaholics should not miss some of the delicious food items in Abu Dhabi such as harees, machboos, madrooba, luqaimat, dates, shawarma, traditional Arabic tea and coffee, Jellab and Qamardeen, etc.
- Shopping: Shopping is the best thing that one should not miss when in Abu Dhabi. There are luxurious malls as well as souk-like outlets from where you can buy handicrafts, carpets, spices, and traditional perfumes. Abu Dhabi Mall is the top-rated mall where you can find almost everything.
Abu Dhabi is known for its architectural prowess and immense luxury. But, here are some of the things that you should not miss while your stay in Abu Dhabi.