One of the beautiful tourist places that every traveler wants to visit in Mauritius. And guess what? Visiting Mauritius is convenient too as it does not require any visa. You just need to get a Visa on Arrival that offers a maximum stay of 60 days along with a confirmed booking for accommodation in Mauritius. Also, a tourist would require having a confirmed booking for the return flight, a sponsorship letter, and sufficient funds for expenses during their stay (minimum of USD 100 per day). Visit any part of Mauritius like Chamarel, Mauritius Island, Grand Baie, and various others.
Exploring this beautiful island nation has become quite easy for the Indian nationals as there is no hassle of getting a pre-approved visa. But, there are some of the documents that are essential for the tourists to carry with themselves to get Visa on Arrival at the immigration hall of Mauritius.
A person travelling for tourist or business purposes will be granted a 60 day Visa on Arrival. A valid return ticket along with some other relevant documents is required to purchase the visa for Mauritius.
Visa: Visa on Arrival
Types of Mauritian visa:
- Mauritian tourist visa
- Mauritian Transit visa
- On-arrival visa
- Student visa
- Mauritian temporary worker visa
- Spousal visa or partner visa
- Mauritian business visa
- Mauritian Marriage visa
- Passports issued beyond 10 years will not be accepted by the Embassy.
- Handwritten passport is strictly not allowed
- Indian passports with any “observation” will not be accepted
- Passport should have a minimum of 2 blank pages & validity of 6 months from the date of travel
- Confirmed return ticket
- Confirmed hotel booking
- Boarding pass
- Copy of Itinerary
- Two recent colored photographs of size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with white background and matt or semi-matt finish with 80% face coverage
- Sufficient currency in Cash/ Traveller Cheque/ Forex Card
This visa is issued by the Immigration Office/Embassy/Consular of Mauritius, which makes you eligible to enter or transit in Mauritius for any specific purpose. Immigration officers, however, thoroughly examine your entire documents before making you eligible for entering Mauritius. The officer decides the duration of the stay of a tourist as per the submitted documents and inspection.
Please note that the persons who are visiting Mauritius for the following reasons have to obtain prior authorization from the Passport and Immigration Office:
- Visitors coming for religious purpose
- Persons coming to take up employment
- Persons coming for study purpose